Monday, November 17, 2008

This is only the beginning...

Hello and welcome committee to New Northside's blogging community. We are here to provide the members of New Northside with a new learning tool. Our objective is to spread the Word by educating and ministering to our fellow brothers and sisters through spirit-filled discussions. The church ministries are not meant to be confined within four walls of a building. So by using this blog, we are going beyond the walls and within the lives of our members. Below are few principles to keep in mind.

Online Principles: (Conceicao, 2007)
1. Create an Environment conducive to learning
2. Establish rules and provide introductory instructions
3. Guide the treaded discussion (redirecting group back to the topic)
4. Pose meaningful questions and topics 
5. Encourage learners to analyze, synthesize and draw value judgements
6. Stimulate particpation
7. Encourage reflection.

Just a thought and prayer for when we enter into this space;

My Heavenly Father, as I enter this space.
I bring your presence with me.
I speak your peace, Your grace, Your mercy, and Your perfect order.
I acknowledge Your power over all that will be spoken, thought, and done within this space.
Lord, I thank You and give You praise.
May the work that we do and the way we do it bring faith, joy and a smile to all.
Lord, I thank you for everything You've done,
everything You're doing, and everything You're going to do.
In the Name of Jesus I pray,  Amen.


1 comment:

Dionne said...

Thanks for the welcome. I think this will be a great tool for enhancing our spiritual growth.